Google+

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Guest Designer Rhonda Van Ginkel


Greetings to you from Minnesota! It's Rhonda Van Ginkel here today to host the blog as a Guest Designer for C'est Magnifique Kit Club this month. I reside in the Twin Cities area with my dear husband, and our 2 busy boys. You’ll find them in much of my scrapbooking adventures and as silly as they are, they offer some fine material to work with. Rounding out the family circus is our little dog, Radar.

The discovery of scrapbooking for me was after the birth of our youngest. A friend invited me to a crop to get out and said “Just bring your photos, you can organize those and we can visit.” Perfect, right? That night I got all my pictures sorted and what a great accomplishment! After, I looked around and took notice of what they were doing. In that moment I knew I wanted this for my children. I really wanted for them to have a book of their own that told their story in my own words and with my loving touch. My work has been published in Scrapbooks Etc., Cricut Magazine, Cricut Families Idea Book, Scrapbooking News and Review and several online galleries.

The June Kit is just beautiful and I had so much fun creating the projects that I am sharing with you today!

My first card showcases the pretty Maya Road Scallop Trim in Antique Pink along with the Prima Gypsy Roses in Frost. The Blue Fern Studios Déjà Vu papers are so very pretty I used some of my lacy dies to create this first card.


I just love the vintage image and used it for my focal point.


My next card makes use of the sentiment banner from the Blue Fern Studios Déjà Vu Petites Cartes paper included in the kit. I've included some fussy cutting on this along with the Prima Rebecca Mini Bouquet.


The flower that I've die-cut from the papers is accented with the C'est Magnifique Fairy Frost Glitter in the center. A few other accents on the other flowers on the card have it also. I've cut the leaves apart and tucked them in behind my flower and banner to add a pop of pretty green.


I wanted to create a masculine card for some Father's Day inspiration and this was my end result. I added some gesso to the ribbon to soften the color and give it a shabby chic appearance. While I had it out I also coated the Blue Fern Studios Déjà Vu Dangles and then touched it lightly with sage green and lavender inks.


The Prima Alphablends Cardstock and Chipboard Alphabet Stickers in yellow were used for my sentiment here, and I outlined them with a black journaling pen.


For my last card, I went a little bit more simple in the design, just letting the beauty of the papers shine.  I again used the sentiment paper from the Blue Fern Studios Déjà Vu Petites Cartes sheet, and collaged with some fussy cut elements.  


I added one die-cut element which I cut apart. I then used the relief of my die-cut as part of the monochromatic design on the left. I think this would make a very romantic wedding or anniversary card.  A bit of zigzag stitching finished the card.  


For my final project for this post today, I created a sweet little gift box using the Paper House Colorways Seek Beauty Rub-On Transfers for my sentiment banner. I added a floral collage on top of a pretty doily die-cut to complete the decorations. The grey flower is ready to add from the kit and the others are cut from floral dies I have.



Designer's Tip: 
After creating the box, I flip mine upside down so the tabs to open it are on the bottom, that way the decor on the top stays in place and your box can be re-purposed if desired.

Products Used:

Other Items Used:
Gift Box Punch Board - We R Memory Keepers
Silver Floral Centers - Magnolia
Cheery Lynn Designs Dies
My Favorite Things Dies
Memory Box Dies
Gesso
Cheesecloth
Piercing Tool
Gems for Floral Centers
Adhesive: Foam, Glue Dots and ATG

Thank you so much for stopping on over today for a visit, be sure to stay tuned for even more beautiful inspiration featuring this amazing kit!  I will be back soon with a few more projects to share.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning work Rhonda! I LOVE how you layer delicate die-cuts on your projects. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete