Google+

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Olga's March Kit Projects and Mixed Media Layout Tutorial

Hello everyone! Olga here today sharing new works!
I want to share how to made this mixed media layout with the March Kit.
I made a page about my favorite paint sprays and my cheerful mood when I create.

I used the "Bolero" piece of paper from the Betsy's Couture Collection. I painted it with white gesso in the places where there will be all the decorations.


I distressed the top right edge of the patterned paper, placed another piece of patterned paper behind the distressed area and attached the papers together using a stapler. I like to use staples as an additional embellishment in my work.


To create an interesting layered photo mat, gather pieces of patterned paper, book sheets and thick chipboard and secure in several places with glue and a staples.


Add color and pattern to the background of the page using a mask, an ink pad and stamps.






Attach the matted photo over the large stamped area. Placed tangled thread and twine over the photo and attach with paper clips and staples.


Use Glossy Accents to attach buttons and sequins. Add stickers from the Betsy's Couture Sticker Sheet next to the photo and to the top right corner.


Ink the edges of the paper with Distress Ink and draw a dotted line to simulate stitching.



The final part of the work - splatters of mist!






I have made two layouts and a series of ATCs. This layout is about my daughter Maria.


On this layout I used a stencil, stamps, gesso, thread ink.




ATCs - portraits of vintage ladies are cut from a sheet Betsy's Couture Peplum patterned paper.




Thank you for your attention! I hope you find this tutorial inspirational! I have really enjoyed playing with this kit, because I love vintage prints and colors! If you are interested in the March Kit or Add-Ons a limited amount of kits are available for purchase from the C'est Magnifique Store while supplies last!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! I love the artist trading cards! Thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are beautiful - and the picture of your daughter is so adorable. And, your ATCs are lovely as well! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete