Google+

Friday, March 20, 2015

Dana's April Kit Projects

Hi! Dana here today sharing my April Kit creations. This kit is absolutely beautiful and I had a lot of fun cutting and layering patterned papers and die-cuts on my projects this month. The vibrant pink and teal floral accents help to brighten up my pages. The stunning floral prints in this kit have me thinking Spring! I used the April Main Kit, Flower Add-On, Embellishment Add-On and Magnifique Mixed Media Kit for each of the layouts I am sharing today. My Sister-in-Law provided me with these gorgeous photos of my niece, who will be thrilled to get some happy scrappy mail!


I cut away portions of the FabScraps Fleur patterned paper and backed it with fresh polka dot Lemoncraft Tea Roses patterned paper to create a more colorful background for this layout.


I added color to the page with fussy cuts and flowers. The green leaves are leftovers I had from the March Flower Add-On.


I created the title for this page with a die-cut sentiment and Typewriter Key Stickers from the Mixed Media Kit.


I absolutely love this photo of my niece! I think all scrappers can relate to this situation! Posing for pictures certainly has a short time frame, especially if there are wardrobe changes involved.


I used the pink crown from the Main Kit as a stencil to add some texture to the background of this page. I added some subtle color along the woodgrain by using the Ranger Juniper Paint Dabber from the Mixed Media Kit.


The chalkboard tags from the Mixed Media Kit work great with a white gel pen.


I played up the floral theme for this layout. The pretty prints on my niece's outfit were just perfect for this patterned paper!


I used the stencil and paint from the Mixed Media Kit to trace and color the butterflies onto the background of this page. I embossed the wooden bow with the C'est Magnifique Mystic Pink Embossing Powder included in the Mixed Media Kit. The mix of pink and black embossing powders yields a fantastic textured finish.


I built this title spot with pieces of chipboard, die-cuts, flowers and pins. I cut the chipboard from the Mixed Media Kit in half and used the "Sweet" portion here. I colored the chipboard word with the C'est Magnifique Starry Night Glaze from the Mixed Media Kit.


I'm quite happy with how this altered piece turned out. I used items from the Mixed Media Kit, Flower Add-On and Embellishment Add-On for this altered hanger.

I hope I have inspired you today! I have one more layout to share for the April Sketch Challenge on the first of the month.  I have really enjoyed playing with this kit! If you are interested in the April  Kit or Add-Ons a limited amount of kits are available for purchase from the C'est Magnifique Store while supplies last! Make sure to stop by here on the 31st for the full April Kit reveal.

4 comments: