Google+

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Final Look at the MMM November Kit w/Erin Blegen

Good morning everybody! Erin Blegen here with you today to give you one last look at our Magnifique Mixed Media November Kit "Autumnal Bliss". My sister Kelly Foster and I have really enjoyed our time with this kit, from the very first planning stages to putting the final touches on our projects. We've appreciated the excitement and feedback received as well! And we look forward to continuing to offer inspiring, media-filled unique kits that will help you to grow in your mixed media knowledge and love :)

Today, I created a layout using this beautiful kit. 

"Extraordinary You"
I really wanted to use as many of the mediums available in this kit, which meant combing all of the warm, rich colors in a balanced way. I used the "Mini Ceiling Tile" mask and Gelatos as the starting point in my project by basically "coloring" with them (over the mask) and then spritzing over top before blending with a wipe. This helps the Gelatos spread a little easier. 

After zapping the masked area with a heat gun, I used some light modeling paste along with the mask and some embossing powder and created additional texture in that way. Then I'm ready to add the Twinkling H2Os, in just a small amount so as not to overpower the rest of the layout. I simply pour a drop on top of the embossed area and use my spatula to carefully spread it around. Allow to dry on its own in order to keep the vibrancy of the colors (the heat tool can cause the watercolor to spread, thin out, and fade). In contrast, if you're wanting to tone down the color, you can spritz with water and/or pull up some of the color by dabbing with a wipe.




Thank-you for visiting today! I hope you've enjoyed our projects using the "Autumnal Bliss" kit. Stay tuned for the first look at our upcoming December MMM Kit! :)

xErin

5 comments:

  1. This is so so pretty and what wonderful background work! That photo is so precious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, love all the colors and pretty details. The background is just gorgeous! That photo is so very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Such a dreamy feel to this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty layout! I love the photo of the little girl too.

    ReplyDelete