Google+

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Callie Jane by Valerie Serfozo



Here's Valerie's description:

I love pink, and squealed when I saw this 7x12-inch piece of paper (yes this kit has both 12x12 paper and 7x12 paper). I knew it would be perfect to use with this photo of my sweet niece, Callie Jane. I distressed the edges of the patterned paper with some tattered rose Distress Ink to created a defined edge. I wanted to add some hand stitching around the edges so I poked holes, and used floss and a back-stitch to create a border. My plan was to keep the layout pink and white as much as possible, so I punched two strips of white paper using a Martha Stewart punch to get an eyelet look.

Then, using the beautiful flowers from Prima and Basic Grey, I created a few clusters at opposite corners of the photo. The large pink Basic Grey flower is made from fabric and can be found in this month's add on. The large white Prima flower is from the November add-ons and is currently available in the store. The small roses that I tucked in are also from Prima and available as an add-on this month. Other add-ons include the beautiful pink cameo from Webster's Pages, and the strip along the bottom of the photo that is part of the Prima North Country chipboard pieces. There are a lot of really cute designs in that set of chipboard. This is just one of the many looks you can achieve from this month's kit!

1 comment:

  1. How precious is that photo. Love the soft colors and different flowers.

    ReplyDelete